amalgamite

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdbman

Is there a manual or basic instructions available about using the amalgamite method of gold extraction and refining?

First things first --- what kind of material are you trying to recover & refine gold from? There may be better ways of doing it then using mercury

kurt said:
First things first --- what kind of material are you trying to recover & refine gold from? There may be better ways of doing it then using mercury

Amalgamite (brand name) is a bismuth based fire assay type process rather than a mercury amalgam process.

I am attempting gold recovery from circuit boards, pins etc. I was also considering using it to refine lower quality gold jewelry.

You'll do much better reading & learning how to process your e-scrap from the information available here. I know a person that first, wasted his money buying Shor; & then Amalgamite. He is sorry he did.
He's been doing it the way its tought here, & now he's very happy!

There're several chemical processes for recovering & refining gold from e-scrap, so again, I recommend you spend some time reading & using the search; you'll be surprised @ the amount of correct information @ your disposal. We have the best experts in the field who share their knowledge & can help you be succesfull.

Take care & be safe!

Phil

Latest posts

Back