Another photo needs ID?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drtys

WeHello again, while trying to cupel some ore in a propane fired, KAO wool lined furnace, we developed a crack/ hole in the cupel and as a result almost all of the puddle ended up on our base plate of high alumina kiln shelving that is our furnace bottom. I have included a couple of photos of those recovered pieces/ nuggets which are soft/ flexible and hope I can get an opinion of the colouring of said pieces as well as some of the bluish colour found on a few items? Thanks much. There is about an ounce worth total when all weighed together.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.HEIC
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Always put down a 1/4" layer of Bone ash in the furnace bottom, for exactly this reason. Don't forget to preheat your cupels to red, before depositing button.

Thanks for both your replies, I love this place for the amount of information, assistance and general good will. Going to use the info and keep plugging at this until we get it right, also the lab assays should hopefully be in this week and a decision can be taken if a feasible and positive reply is returned.

Back