any birthday wishes?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epicnamefail

any birthday wishes? my birthdays tomorrow :D the big 28, although i feel like the big 50.....oh dear lord imagian how im gonna feel at 50 >.<

anyway ill tell you guys a little more about me seeing as though i rudely forgot to introduce myself in the first place (i just have a hard time figuring out what to write in this kind of thing.

im a triplet one looks just like me, the other.....not quite, live just outside of Buffalo NY, i repair computer for a business, though business has been very slow lately......hoping to get into the recovery of metals from the scrap after i read all 300 pages of hokes book (energy drinks here i come!) oh!....and i make lots and lots of typos most of the time :p

-Aaron

epicnamefail said:
after i read all 300 pages of hokes book
Happy Birthday. Do not attempt to read all of Hoke at once.It will just become a blur.Instead concentrate on one Chapter at a time.If you are going to start recovering/refining any time soon,then start with the chapter that is dedicated to what you are doing.Master that,then move to a different chapter.
Did I mention Happy Birthday?

haha thanks mic :) im tring to figure out which chapter i should read for platinum recovery from MMC's (im guesing its not simple, but recovering never is) lol

I'd suggest something a little simpler to start with like fingers off boards, while Hoke doesn't discuss e scrap it was a little before her time the information in her book gives you a head start on here and will familiarise you with the terminology used and the various chemicals your likely to encounter.
Do use her testing techniques and always have stannous chloride at hand it's your guide in the dark.
Have a great birthday and to be honest I only vaguely remember 49..... :lol:

Gee I remember 28 like it was only 24 years ago. Well get used to not feeling any pain till ya hit 30 thats when your body shows you area's of your body that didnt feel it before. Then it gets twice as bad when ya hit 40, aint to sure of 50 or 60 havent gone that far yet. I think Mic is like 75 or something ya can ask him :lol:.

I am young at heart.....that's all you are getting out of me. :mrgreen:

Happy Birthday, Aaron. I have 30 years on you and still a newb myself. Be sure to read and follow all the safety precautions, a ton of gold is not worth your health.
Work safe and be safe, Mark

Back