Any Good Board Refiners in Texas ???

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenco

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the forrum for better than a year and this is my first post.... I work for a non-profit located in Texas and we recycle e- waste to help fund our missions.... I was talking w/ Miguel and his refining manager at Hi-Tech in Dallas several months ago and his refining manager gave me the 411 on their minimum quantities they would accept to refine . Well , 1 month later and I had gathered over the minimums required, I called Hi-Tech to make arrangements to deliver my material to them, and was informed by their refining manager that they were no longer going to refine E- scrap (not profitable for them, blah, blah, etc., etc.)... :shock: So , I was of course highly dissapointed , asked them to refer a quality, honest , e-scrap refinery to me... Got a couple of names and numbers that turned out to be in NY and DE. (dead ends for us).... Please, Can someone reccomend someplace closer to us here in Central Texas ???? Thank You in advance for your responses.......

Have you tried Chris at Boardsort or Goldwasser as he is on here he seems to have a good reputation with the membership and if you have volumes I'm sure he would be more than interested.

Kenco -

"blah blah blah" :) don't think those were the exact words, but good enough for me. :)

I am actually very sorry for any trouble or inconvenience we put you and your organization through. We would rather be honest and guide you in the right direction then lie and take your material - then not give you the highest value simply because our costs of doing E-Scrap had been reassessed. I have made mention several times on here that it is my goal to single handedly do my best to change the perception of refiners as thieves and cheaters, by doing what is best for you, not Hi-Tech.

From everything I have read, and discussing with other forum members that I trust, currently I have been referring all E-Scrap inquiries to another member of this Board, "Ocean" - however he is based out of Florida, and not what you are looking for.

Again, on behalf of Hi-Tech, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kindest,
Miguel

MiguelRosas said:
Kenco -

"blah blah blah" :) don't think those were the exact words, but good enough for me. :)

I am actually very sorry for any trouble or inconvenience we put you and your organization through. We would rather be honest and guide you in the right direction then lie and take your material - then not give you the highest value simply because our costs of doing E-Scrap had been reassessed. I have made mention several times on here that it is my goal to single handedly do my best to change the perception of refiners as thieves and cheaters, by doing what is best for you, not Hi-Tech.

From everything I have read, and discussing with other forum members that I trust, currently I have been referring all E-Scrap inquiries to another member of this Board, "Ocean" - however he is based out of Florida, and not what you are looking for.

Again, on behalf of Hi-Tech, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kindest,
Miguel

Miguel,I appreciate your referrals and also love that you are treating your customers with the respect and truthfullness they deserve.

Ocean Jack

Please, let it be Known , that I truely appreciate the time spent by Miguel and the good people at Hi-Tech PMR explaining things to me when I first called , and the candor they had with me when their business model changed ! I'm simpley trying to find a true e-scrap refinery that I can work with, and that has their kind of ethics ! -Ken

Back