article and pictures from another forum

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueduck

this New 49er's forum page shows a few nice pictures, i was wondering just what would likely be the cause the indentations on an 18 pound gold brick like shown in the second photograph..... best guess?? cause the bar taint mine.... from the article the folks seem to have been in the business for some time now...... maybe even they are here among us! and would share some more photos.....

anyhow it is a couple of nice photos of someone elses gold, and a pretty good article on how prospecting is becoming fashionable again....

William

Attachments

• Gold Prospecting __ High Gold Prices Spur.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 62
blueduck said:
i was wondering just what would likely be the cause the indentations on an 18 pound gold brick like shown in the second photograph
That's caused by minor gassing (possibly carbon dioxide) from the coating (lamp black) applied to an iron mold, which is common practice. I've created a similar pattern on many occasions.

Harold

ok so that is good to know if and when i get over 200 ounces to make a bick with...... but i spect then too it will occur at a lesser amount pour too. Still a nice chunk of metal though.

Thanks Harold

William

Latest posts

Back