Basic Electrochemistry Online

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkhook

I found this link a while back and found it quite useful as a very basic beginner. Just thought someone else might find it helpful in understanding basic electrochemistry.

http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Analytical_Chemistry/Electrochemistry

If there is something (wrong)with posting this, please let me know or remove it.

Edit: Missed the word "wrong".

I am glad it is useful. I forgot to add that one of the people there has some video's online as a lecture on various aspects of Chemistry. I found them very interesting which lead me deeper into the site. The more I read and watched the more interesting I found it.

In an electrochemical component, redox reactions occur at the interface between an electrode and an electrolyte. As the reactions take place at the electrode interface, a value that is frequently used for electrochemical components is the Faradaic current density. In the dynamic regime, the alteration of the distribution of charges, linked to the double-layer phenomenon, creates a current density which is added to the Faradaic current density.

I found another useful link while doing some research. Hope it helps someone along the way.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/oxidation-reduction

Just curious, but a search of the above users post's ( jocelynholmes192) they sure do seem to be advertising the same web sight.

You have a good eye Shark! Jocelyn was only active here for a few months in 2015 and last visited in August of 2015. She only made eight posts, but three of them contain a mention of or a link to the same company.

In the first, her affiliation with the company was questioned at the time by Kurtak and a couple of other comments followed. I deleted the second post because it only served to mention the company again. I've removed the link from the last post, as it was clearly just unnecessary advertising.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Dave

Back