before I begin

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosierdaddy

Just needing some friendly advice on possible methods here. I came across about fifty pounds of boards last week from an old friend. He didn't charge me anything for the material, but when I picked up the box found out that all the material had been milled down to flakes and dust. Since it was free I didn't raise any argument. After close examination I could see tiny gold flakes, mixed in with metals, and board remants.
Already have some ideas on what to do, but always open to suggestions. Any oppinion is apreciated thanks.

I fear that as the material has been milled to powder pyrolysis is the only answer which will require the burning of the toxic gases produced once the material starts to ignite, there have been several good threads showing other members ideas for home producing a unit to do just that, the other problem is that you have little to no idea if the material is worth the effort, this maybe a pass even if the material was free.

The material was received in the best form - what gives the gold the highest exposure. Simply digest it with a series of solutions. E.g. deleting aluminum; deleting base metals...etc. Although a prior incineration is better, can be done without it

Latest posts

Back