Building a new gold refinery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vantovant

I am building a new refinery; I want a capacity of 150kg per day. I am building it in south africa johannesburg. I need high tech with low cost of refining gold. pls advise.

You want to build a new refinery in Johannesburg South Africa? And you want Hi-Tech,at low cost? And you want our honest oppinion? I don't think you will like any of the opinions you will recieve here.Not trying to discourage you,lord knows you have high hopes,but it sounds like you want the impossible.

Mic I think you read that wrong I think he wants high tech but low cost in actual refining...it might be me :oops:
If that's what your looking for there are a few members on the forum who can help but I think you will find it doesn't come cheap to hire consultants but at the volumes you stated that shouldn't be a problem and the best guys on here are pretty damn clever. If however you want free advice I'm afraid it's off to newbie school and read and learn...it's all here.

What makes you think that a refinery capable of processing 150 kilo's, or 7.7 million US Dollars worth of gold every day, is feasible for someone who has to ask the question to begin with.

4metals said:
What makes you think that a refinery capable of processing 150 kilo's, or 7.7 million US Dollars worth of gold every day, is feasible for someone who has to ask the question to begin with.
Have to ask: If the percentages amount of Au in the scrap processed is very low and as far not yet defined is´nt possible to estimate a value of the gold captured...Right?.. In a way at least? :lol:

You are correct, 150 kilo's starting weight can be substantially less than 7.7 million in value. I did assume that a refinery in South Africa would be handling mining concentrates which generally are high percentage by weight gold but if it's e-waste were talking substantially less. Not even worth building a refinery for. My guess the request is for high grade feed-stock but a bit more detail is necessary for a good answer.

mic said:
You want to build a new refinery in Johannesburg South Africa? And you want Hi-Tech,at low cost? And you want our honest oppinion? I don't think you will like any of the opinions you will recieve here.Not trying to discourage you,lord knows you have high hopes,but it sounds like you want the impossible.

Mic -
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Let us not confuse "Hi-Tech" with "high tech"..... :p

But to answer his question more directly -
1) You will first need the financial backing of a bank, high net worth investor to fund the multiple millions of capital per day, overhead, etc.
2) Are you thinking refining or smelting? Either way you will need to find an end user for all your PM.
3) Of course you will need a method of melting the product.
4) You will need the equipment to Assay the goods.
5) You will need security measures in place.
6) Then come the question of advertising, marketing, and gaining this business.

If it was as easy as - "Oh, Africa has a lot of Gold, why not build a refinery there...." it would have be done multiple times.

Best of luck though.

MiguelRosas said:
Mic -
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Let us not confuse "Hi-Tech" with "high tech".....
Wow I cannot believe I finally got snagged on a misspelled word.I pride myself on my grammer,and I believe I was snagged one other time,a few years ago by Harold.But in my defense,there is a place here called Hi-tech Hi-Fi.I used to spend a lot of time there,so hopefully I can get away with putting the blame on that.

mic said:
MiguelRosas said:
Mic -
Wow I cannot believe I finally got snagged on a misspelled word.I pride myself on my grammer,and I believe I was snagged one other time,a few years ago by Harold.But in my defense,there is a place here called Hi-tech Hi-Fi.I used to spend a lot of time there,so hopefully I can get away with putting the blame on that.

I could start in on punctuation also, but you didn't mention that!! :lol:

mic said:
MiguelRosas said:
Mic -

One) I think u mint grammAr... :roll:
Too) Oceans' wright, you're punctuation is crazy.
3rd) I forgive you.Only because it's the season of giving.

:p :lol:

MiguelRosas said:
mic said:
MiguelRosas said:
Mic -

One) I think u mint grammAr... :roll:
Too) Oceans' wright, you're punctuation is crazy.
3rd) I forgive you.Only because it's the season of giving.

:p :lol:

One) I think you meant grammAr... :roll:
Too) Oceans' right, you're punctuation is crazy.
3rd) I forgive you. Only because it's the season of giving.
:| :lol:

patnor1011 said:
MiguelRosas said:
mic said:
MiguelRosas said:
Mic -

One) I think you meant grammAr... :roll:
Too) Oceans' right, you're punctuation is crazy.
3rd) I forgive you. Only because it's the season of giving.
:| :lol:

You forgot some...

you're = your
Too = Two.

please know that I was joking with that thought.

Out of all this comes the results.
One member. One post. One Phishing rod, hanging of a dock in Africa, using gold as bait.

Back