calaverite found as well as promising gold or?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like we could have some interesting geology/minerology/petrology related conversations and discussions here.
u do have pyrite for sure but they can and do grow side by side dependig on if they r going thru fault lines over where i go im from ca and mine up in n. california . and dont listen to all the negativity but if ur gonna advertise .. know the facts before u put up inferior and incorrect information about minerals especially gold bearing ones .. gold like salvanite and calverite are not as rare as they seem and if people had done there homework ... theyd know that their full of it and if they believe that because its written down then africa didnt split in half oceans dont swallow whole countries n continents ... gold among every mineral n bi product of this earth is available global warmings droughts volcanic activity, cavities underneath crusts ... i could gon for days what the game changers are and how hydrothermal veins r everywhere and very easy to spot by the stains in the dirt the plants around above it tell u wether or not gold veins r popping up and if u know mineral gold and oxidation stains then u r not far off

This thread I've enjoyed reading. There is one thing it reminds me of and what was the first thing I learned while getting into prospecting. "Observation is not a means of detection for Gold and Silver", is what an old prospector told me. From there I relied upon, wet chemistry, and other forms of analysis. There are many ways nature may have deposited Ag and Au, I never worry about the how. Analysis from a photo, never easy.....

This thread I've enjoyed reading. There is one thing it reminds me of and what was the first thing I learned while getting into prospecting. "Observation is not a means of detection for Gold and Silver", is what an old prospector told me. From there I relied upon, wet chemistry, and other forms of analysis. There are many ways nature may have deposited Ag and Au, I never worry about the how. Analysis from a photo, never easy.....
Hi Peter
An old prospector here in Australia once said to me.
“Gold brings out the best in some people & brings out the worst in others”
That was many years ago and never has a truer word ever been spoken..

Cheers from Down-Under
Tony

He guys.... after reading gold refining volume1 i have been intrigued by using hydrogen peoxide as an oxidizer in my solution. Currently using a 2-1 muriatic acid to bleach at six times volume of material.i have became attatched to the cleaning isle in my local grocery store. Before i found out about the use of hydrogen peroxide i was intrigued to test resololve or oxi clean as an additive to help dissolve more gold. Now i have understood that that hydrogen peroxide and muriatic acid can be used by them selves. First....how will thiseffect calaverite containing 40-70 percent gold content with some silver and less copper. What is the ratio of peroxide to acid as i have not been aable to come across this, which do i start with and will smb still precipitate effectively? Sorry for the questions but i honoustly have not been able to find these answers through my daily research.....
Hello if you think you have calvarite you can use denesty measurement to see how haevy the material if it over 9 yes and the best way and easy to prosses is with fusion with sodium bicarbonate to get rid of tellerium that's around 800 degree c and make shots to water and then do it second time and dry and encaurt whit 3 times it's waight whits silver if not with copper and and use nitric 50 percent water the remain powder it's pure gold if you not sure do it again with AR good luck this is the safest eazy way for that type of ore

how is it that everyone sitting on millions of dollars in ore doesn't have 50 dollars to send a 30 gram sample ( i'd send a kilo just to be on the safe side) to a recognized lab for a proper assay. ?

just curious ...

how is it that everyone sitting on millions of dollars in ore doesn't have 50 dollars to send a 30 gram sample ( i'd send a kilo just to be on the safe side) to a recognized lab for a proper assay. ?

just curious ...
I think that is the million dollar question ;):cool:🤓

The "I've found a rock, I'm sure there is PGM's, silver and gold in there without having done any reliable test, but I have to get it out yesterday to pay my bills for the overpriced chemical wonder solutions I bought without any info or a user manual, Help!" thread.

It does make some interesting reading when you're really bored at work or waiting for the sulfuric cell to finish stripping.🥱 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back