Central Texas Chem Supplier

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmi2416

I still have not started on my first run yet, still in the research and gathering stage. So far in my research for chemicals and local suppliers i have found that www.capitolscientific.com has some decent prices they have nitric acid 70% 1 gal for 40$ but only have Hydrochloric at 37%. I seem not to able to find a higher concentration. Just wanted to pass it on to any Central Texas guys that might be out there.

Regards,
Ross

Hydrochloric acid is HCl gas dissolved in water. The 37% is about the highest percentage sold commercially. Anything stronger would fume so much you would have great difficulties using it. Use muriatic acid from Loew's ($6 to $7/gallon), Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc. It's about 31% hydrochloric and can be used for any refining process calling for HCl that is discussed on this forum. That's what almost everyone does.

rmi2416 said:
I still have not started on my first run yet, still in the research and gathering stage. So far in my research for chemicals and local suppliers i have found that http://www.capitolscientific.com has some decent prices they have nitric acid 70% 1 gal for 40$ but only have Hydrochloric at 37%. I seem not to able to find a higher concentration. Just wanted to pass it on to any Central Texas guys that might be out there.

Regards,
Ross

I wish you well, but be aware of some of the draconian laws in TX regarding purchase and possession of lab equipment and glassware. I know it was meant to go after Meth cookers, but it would be a shame to get cross-ways with the authorities. Check out the regs.

Latest posts

Back