Cyanide leaching of gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on a lot of different factors. There's reality or stoichiometric. Which do you prefer.

In what form are you adding O2 gas- or do you mean it in the form you mentioned as in literally bubbling it through because if you then it's unnecessary.

Over to you.

Just a rough expectation. Bubbling O2 through the solution from an oxygen concentrator. I have cyanide solution that was made by adding gold chloride to a solution of potassium ferrocyanide at PH 10 while heating and stirring. The gold was plated out of solution. The resulting solution should be a solution of potassium cyanide with some trace elements. I would like to use this in a loop where the gold is stripped in one container and the the gold is plated in another. I have access to an IV pump and lab power supply. I have a supplied air full face mask and working in my fume hood. It is just proof of concept and is not meant to run big batches. I used the original plating solution to gold plate my wife's .25 acp raven arms pistol. I will have to make more solution as I can't source cyanide outside of large quantities from mining supply places.

Latest posts

Back