Defense Scrap Yard Handbook

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsilverpro

In Remembrance
Moderator Emeritus
Just found this book being sold as a CD on eBay #190122882097 for $9.

This same book, all 251 pages, is available free as a pdf here:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/html/416021h.htm

Very good info in chapter 4 on testing and identifying ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys.

GSP,

This is an excellent reference document. I really love the flow chart approach to identifying unknowns. It makes me think that flow charts may be useful in diagraming the various gold processing methods along with the pitfalls associated with them. They would be great for the novice to determine what went wrong when things don't go as planned.

Great Find!!

Steve

Dam Dam Dam !!!

You beat me to the punch. lol

I scanned the process and flow sheets a couple of weeks ago and just haven't posted them.

I have used these since i found them in the scrap yard from space.
These were the old man's.

I think they are from 1968.

Thanks,

Ralph

This is the chemical and flow sheets only.
Download Link: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=2dbe44aab41baff1c1e283db1318fec2

Wait 20 sec and the download button will appear at bottom left.

Aflac,

Great file! It looks like some of my cookbooks. Well stained. I just registered with FileSend. It's something I've been looking for.

BTW, Ralph, didn't you once mention that you had handled a lot of jet engine scrap? Superalloys? Did you deal with any gold brazed stators, fuel manifolds, etc.?

Thanks.

They have seen their better days. lol

I only dealt with them as a whole engine assembly. We would buy them from the government contractors with which they had contracts with the government to replace these items. I actually use to have a complete
( except for the ordinace ) R-73 air to air missle from a F-14 tomcat.

Oh my god. I had completely forgot this. I was going to make one hell of a model rocket from it. I use to have in in my shop. Bet if i had it today i would get some questions. :shock: Noxx would have liked this one.
Their are some things you see in a scrap yard that you just have to have when you see it. lol ( hell yeah !!! SCORE. )
I use to have a picture somewher if i can find it that is .lol I'll find a drawing to give you an idea.
Dam !! I wish i hadn't remembered that. Now i want another. Bet that won't happen. lol

Ralph

Dam !! I forgot to post something else. A program that i use to use when designing things. This use to be the cat's meow. It was called sketch up.
Now it's called google sketch up. WTF. I guess they got bought out. They use to have some very powerful software. I use to use the commercial version to input thermal values for heat zones in furnaces. The software would draw a three dim picture of the details, viewable from any angle.

It really makes a difference for presentations. Especially when you are seeking venture capital.

Anyway check it out. It should still be free.
Oh yeah, don't let it scare you. It is really a simple program to figure out.
http://www.sketchup.com/?sid=4

Thanks,

Ralph

Noxx

Have you seen the X 41, a 12' long oxygen gulping airplane around 7,000 mph.Was worlds fastest airplane. Could strike anywhere in the world in about an hr. The plane itself is the weapon when it hits the ground because of the kinetic energy generated at that speed!

Thank you for your post Aflac. I'm going to take a whole day off to try sketchup.

Thanks again

Wayne

If you live near a big Air Base or other military installation, find out about surplus sales. I used to love going through the lots to see what gems I could find that weren't listed in the description. If you like to tinker or just like to play with neat stuff, I highly reccomend it. Be careful, though. They get rid of a lot of otherwise unsellable material by mixing it with goodies in a lot. You may wind up with a lot of HAZMAT that will be expensive to dispose of if you're not careful.

A friend bought a lot that had a brand-new M-61 Vulcan 20mm Gatling gun.

He called BATF.

A gun like that would be worth quite a bit to right people... especially if it's under the radar :shock:

Latest posts

Back