Denox with Vitamin C

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreis412

Kreischtech
Hi guys,
So, this last batch of ram fingers i ran out of sulphamic acid before i could completely denox the solution. I should have known, i had like a half of a gram left. Anyway, i know i shouldn't be in a hurry but, i am. I understand vitamin C could be used in place of sulphamic. If so do i need to heat the solution to 70C like i would before adding sulphamic? Or, is the process completely different?
Thanks

Either of the precipitants you mentioned will denox your solution by precipitating gold which then redissolves thus using up the excess oxidizer, this will happen until all the oxidizer is used and then your gold will precipitate.

Either of the precipitants you mentioned will denox your solution by precipitating gold which then redissolves thus using up the excess oxidizer, this will happen until all the oxidizer is used and then your gold will precipitate.
Ok, so if i just keep precipitating the gold and letting it dissolve again and again it will remove or use up the nitric? Would this also work if let's say a batch from a long time ago had too much smb and trapped the gold on excess smb crystals? I mean by adding an oxidizer to the solution and breaking up the crystals.

Ok, so if i just keep precipitating the gold and letting it dissolve again and again it will remove or use up the nitric? Would this also work if let's say a batch from a long time ago had too much smb and trapped the gold on excess smb crystals? I mean by adding an oxidizer to the solution and breaking up the crystals.
It gets more complicated then, but basically yes, provided you make sure there is enough HCl and dilute enough to dissolve the surplus SMB.

Latest posts

Back