Discount chemicals for GRF members?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Refiner49er

To all Forum members-

I post a proposal to the forum that I believe will benefit most of the members.

The supplies we use for refining that can be shipped without complications (non-hazardous materials) could be purchased in bulk form, repackaged in appropriate sizes, and distributed to members of the forum. The individual(s) that acquire, pack and ship these materials could make a reasonable profit for their efforts and still deliver the consumables at a price well below retail.

The primary intention is not of profit, but of reduced costs by collective purchasing; and the availability of acceptable grade processing supplies to members of the Gold Refining Forum.

I am just beginning to look into this, I am sure there are shipping restrictions on the more hazardous chemicals. I have seen several sellers on Ebay marketing 1 lb packages of various dry materials.

I can purchase sodium nitrate at a farm supply wholesaler for $24 per 50 lb bag. Today I knocked the price down on sodium hydroxide to $50 for 50 lbs. As Irons has pointed out, NaOH decomposes over time, so it is impractical to buy/store it in bulk.

I have yet to investigate the shipping regulations for the chemicals refiners are using, but if they can sell it on Ebay and send USPS Flat Rate, then we should be able to do the same, at least for certain dry materials.

I welcome any opinions or contributions regarding this concept.

Thank you!

Honemaster,
In the little experience I have with this subject, I have figured out that some chemicals are better to be had locally because of the hazmat shipping charges and restrictions. Some powdered chemicals can legally be shipped only in small amounts( 1 lb or less) according to the folks at action mining. Also, I don't think everyone on ebay complies with shipping and postal regulations, in fact , I know this to be the case.
I would check into it real good first.
Sounds like a great idea though.
I'd be interested.
Keep me informed on your progress.

Mark

I also think that would be a good idea. Too bad your location wasn't vancouver - canada.

Latest posts

Back