Does anyone know what this ore is?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know this ore?

Attachments

• IMG_2852.jpeg
    IMG_2852.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
The oarnge stuff is that gold bacteria or what is it. I know this is quartz but what is the yellow oarnge stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2857.jpeg
    IMG_2857.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The Orange stuff is Limonite (rust ). It could be either from an Iron mineral Oxidizing from Pyrite in the host rock, or it could have leached through material above, precipitating on the piece of rock in your picture, in its current geologic time frame, from a host of Iron based minerals. Gold ore chemistry can be simple, or very complex.There are a lot of ways for Gold ores to form. There is no "one size fits all" model for deposition. In nature, there are quite a few ways bacterias contribute to the evolution of many, if not all, mineral deposits, particularly closer to the atmosphere.

The Orange stuff is Limonite (rust ). It could be either from an Iron mineral Oxidizing from Pyrite in the host rock, or it could have leached through material above, precipitating on the piece of rock in your picture, in its current geologic time frame, from a host of Iron based minerals. Gold ore chemistry can be simple, or very complex.There are a lot of ways for Gold ores to form. There is no "one size fits all" model for deposition. In nature, there are quite a few ways bacterias contribute to the evolution of many, if not all, mineral deposits, particularly closer to the atmosphere.
I guess doing a few tests will show if has gold bacteria or not

Mosy of the refiners here, but not all, are processing scrap from industrial sources or jewelry. Then there are others who may know the rocks from your photo's. If they chime in you may get answers, if not try a rockhounds forum.

If you come back with more definitive information, there are members here who can help you leach the values.

Actually a lot of people could identify those rocks from experience,
I wouldn’t be asking questions if I had an assay done, I would like peoples opinions on what it might be
You will get a close identification, but no certainty.
Opinions are not science, merely opinions. You can't bank on that. Opinions are worth every penny you spend on getting one. In this case, zero $. So are you going to invest a lot of many processing this material? Long story short, get an assay.

"a naturally occurring solid material from which a metal or valuable mineral can be profitably extracted". You cannot have ore without a proper assay and that means a representative sample to determine profitability. Sample techniques are another story. Even if your rocks contain values, they are not ore. A rock is not a representative sample.

The oarnge stuff is that gold bacteria or what is it. I know this is quartz but what is the yellow oarnge stuff.
It all looks like rust stains. Or limonite as said. Very interesting mineralization in the quartz. Next step of prospecting is crushing and panning for free milled gold. Or a fire assay.

But they sure look promising.

There is free mill gold but I was thinking maybe there is stuff that could only be leached. Does anyone know of reliable assays where they test for pgms and gold and everything in between?

There is free mill gold but I was thinking maybe there is stuff that could only be leached. Does anyone know of reliable assays where they test for pgms and gold and everything in between?
I deleted you other two posts on assays.
Double posting is not allowed in this forum.
Post a question once and wait for somebody to chime in.

Latest posts

Back