Does HCLCU2 break down Titanium?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sancho_n_Pedro

Supporting Member
Hi Guys, I have tried to find out information on whether Copper II Chloride will break down titanium, as I was going to use an old titanium coffee strainer to hold smaller pieced of PCB, as they have some chips etc that I don't want to have to fish out once they're stripped.

If thats not a good option, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks (in advance)

Rich

I used two buckets, one with 3mm holes drilled in the bottom to strain the foils from the pcb and plastic sockets and plugs. It works great. You can push the air hose in the bottom bucket, holding it in place at the same time.

I am with Dave, fiberglass window screen and if extra support is needed I put it in a large colander.

Edit for grammar.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have tried to find out information on whether Copper II Chloride will break down titanium, as I was going to use an old titanium coffee strainer to hold smaller pieced of PCB, as they have some chips etc that I don't want to have to fish out once they're stripped.

If thats not a good option, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks (in advance)

Rich
Titanium can be quite acid resistant, at least to Nitric I think, not so sure about HCl.
So if you have alternatives as mentioned here I'd go with them.
If not, test with a drop or two on a part of the strainer.

Latest posts

Back