E-Waste refinineries in or near WI?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeforbes

I'm looking for an E-Waste refinery in or near Wisconsin to process lots between 1000-3000lbs at a time. I am located in SE Wisconsin.

Would anyone know of any good ones? The only company I've been able to find so far is Aura-II, and I've seen some bad reviews about them.

Enviro-Chem, Inc. Plant Address
Thomas J. Conway 21821 Industrial Boulevard
228 Alexandria Drive Rogers, MN 55374
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 Fax 763-549-4513
800 225-8322 800 -999-1294
Fax 847 549 7171
[email protected]

wisconsinjimmy said:
Enviro-Chem, Inc. Plant Address
Thomas J. Conway 21821 Industrial Boulevard
228 Alexandria Drive Rogers, MN 55374
Vernon Hills, IL 60061 Fax 763-549-4513
800 225-8322 800 -999-1294
Fax 847 549 7171
[email protected]

Thank you for the reply Jimmy. It doesn't look like they refine the copper from the boards however, which would be the majority of the value.

Do you know of any others? Even if they are a bit further away I own my own semi so I could potentially transport them a further distance.

sipi does all types of escrap. as does enviro chem.

having dealt with both companies over the years, i give an edge to sipi. tho they may take longer to settle than enviro chem.

sipi returns gold, silver, platinum, palladium and copper. no other metals.

both have always treated me fairly, considering the nature of the business.

enviro chem purchase prices are always lower. and their returns are not quite as good as sipi. for similar material.

i can only speak for my experience with these two companies.

like everyone else, i am still searching for an honest consistent and fair return refiner of escrap.

rbrooks715 said:
sipi does all types of escrap. as does enviro chem.

having dealt with both companies over the years, i give an edge to sipi. tho they may take longer to settle than enviro chem.

sipi returns gold, silver, platinum, palladium and copper. no other metals.

both have always treated me fairly, considering the nature of the business.

enviro chem purchase prices are always lower. and their returns are not quite as good as sipi. for similar material.

i can only speak for my experience with these two companies.

like everyone else, i am still searching for an honest consistent and fair return refiner of escrap.

Thank you for your reply.

If you don't mind me asking, could you share some results you have gotten from refining e-waste? The amount of metal the boards actually contained that is. I would very much appreciate it.

I used to work for Enviro-Chem (in sales and high grade refining) and did business with Sipi for many years.

There is a fine line between ripoff and charging the necessary rates to make a profit. Many times the customers expect the refiner to work with razor thin margins like a few percent or so. Of course reporting exactly what is there is the issue to the customer but even that is considered a danger to business from the refiners perspective. Why? Because if the refiner said "Look, there is approximately 10.5 oz there ($16,968) and I will pay you $8,000 for it" the customer will run away. Eventually the customer will get the 8K but it will be with someone else. So the refiners adjust for this situation. Also refiners must do business with other refiners to get rid of their low grade like E-scrap. They face the same problem the customers do. The next guy down the line assays are always lower than theirs and they do have processing and transportation costs of their own to factor. Then there is the situation where the refiner is not exactly sure what value is. It might be cost prohibited for him the homogenize the material and take the necessary samples. So he makes a guess and plays it safe with a low estimate.

I don't do E-scrap and haven't dealt with it in years. I have no idea where you can go to get an assured square deal.

I know of no refiner that will truly pay the customer for copper on electronic scrap. Just precious metals. They are PM refiners, not base metals refiners. However, if you have about 50 tons of it, you might find some place where you could work a deal. There are lots of other hi-value base metals on the escrap also, such as nickel, cobalt, and tin. You won't get paid for those either. You'll be lucky to get paid for the Pd, Pt, and Ag. Only gold is a given in many cases and often you don't get all of that that is coming to you.

Like the old perfume ad said, "Promise them anything, but give them Arpege"

"You'll be lucky to get paid for the Pd, Pt, and Ag. Only gold is a given in many cases and often you don't get all of that that is coming to you."

I said to a old boss of mine "The customer wants to get paid for the platinum and palladium. What do we do about that?" He said ""We will just take it out of the gold" and then he made an "air assay" to get the Pt and Pd numbers LOL.

maxxgold said:
"You'll be lucky to get paid for the Pd, Pt, and Ag. Only gold is a given in many cases and often you don't get all of that that is coming to you."

I said to a old boss of mine "The customer wants to get paid for the platinum and palladium. What do we do about that?" He said ""We will just take it out of the gold" and then he made an "air assay" to get the Pt and Pd numbers LOL.

Sounds familiar.... :shock:

Back