electroplating dummy unlimited supply of PCB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkbrdpaul

Hello.. I am really new to reverse processes, but I have an inexhaustable supply of old printed circuit boards from a very large diverse product line... oscilliscopes -- large regulated power supplies --- a mass of video equipment cameras recorders computer boards -- some as old as 286s hard drives etc; I still need to get more familiar with navigating this site....just seems to be difficult with the sheer volume ! looking to set up reverse plating process for silver primarily and then gold. Thanks for any input

Check Out Lazersteves web site where he has some brilliant videos you can watch, also you can buy them and they are worth every cent. Also read the forum handbooks and to give you a good basis to understand the chemistry we all use read C.M.Hoke, available as free downloads from Palladiums signature line. Don't forget to read the safety section on the forum main board so you know exactly what dangers you might encounter.

Reverse electroplating is best used on bigger items like gold plated jewellry. Not good for printed circuit boards. Pins from boards are usually small but can be deplated in a cell when using copper mesh. Another option is tumbler cell that can deplate fair amount of pins in one go to a reasonable degree.

Latest posts

Back