Fantastic board with fantastic pins!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen plenty like those. Still not the best pins I've seen by a long shot. Those types of fully plated round pins in a variety of socket settings and configurations were pretty common in the early and mid 90s. I recall a larger batch of Rockwell 28k modem Jack's and serial ports that had them. Definitely better than any modern equipment, but no where near the best socket style pins I've ever encountered

For truly great plated pins you'll need to find aerospace grade boards.

Steve

Just a note - beryllium alloys are used in fine wire CAT style jack contacts for strong spring action, I'd bag them up and send to boardsort whole or accept the $5/lb payout for plated pins... I quit messing with most IT cabling after a few lots of SUN connectors that fought back!

Just a note - beryllium alloys are used in fine wire CAT style jack contacts for strong spring action, I'd bag them up and send to boardsort whole or accept the $5/lb payout for plated pins... I quit messing with most IT cabling after a few lots of SUN connectors that fought back!
I've already processed some beryllium-copper alloy core pins. There doesn't seem to be any uncontrolled reaction with the way I strip base metals using the AP method. One just has to be very careful with the waste solution, since beryllium ion is so toxic.

Back