First newbiew question about gold refining via AR process

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no mercy

Hello everyone, Im new here & just start learning about gold & silver refining. I read many document about AR process but have a little confuse about what chemical reactions will happen. Please help me out.
Let take an example that I have thing mixed from Au, Ag, Cu & Zn. Put it in AR then I have:
AuCl3 (dissolved)
CuCl2 (dissolved)
ZnCl2 (dissolved)
AgCl (precipitated)
Then I filter AgCl, clean it & put it in a bag for later refining. Then I heating the liquid to neutralize Nitric Acid. After that , I add Sodium Bisulfite(NaHSO3) to the liquid to precipitate the gold, we have:
Au in the bottom ^_^
The liquid now is NaHSO3 + CuCl2 + ZnCl2 + HCl
Is it correct? And if yes what I must do with the last liquid?

Thanks,

Reading Hoke's book, you will learn that you eliminate the base metals before dissolving gold, you will learn inquartation, how to test solutions for remaining values, the importance of the stock pot, how metals react in different acids or solutions, and just about anything you need to refine gold and valuable metals, forget what you learned reading the internet, most of it is misleading.

Research the forum it will have tons of information, and like Hokes will answer questions you have not thought of yet, also read about the safety of these chemicals, some of these chemical reactions are very dangerous (very close to making explosives), (tearing ore with acids can poison you with arsenic) many of these fumes can be deadly, or some chemicals can blind you for life, research dealing with wastes, very good information here on the forum, you just need to do your homework.

On the forum you may find an easier process to use, most people read half azz instructions of Aqua Regia on the intranet and think that is the only way, when in reality for a lot of recovery it would be my last choice.

Latest posts

Back