First Try with a/p odd outcome

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You used way too much peroxide, it dissolved your gold. No question about that.
I make my AP from 4 liter of HCl and 0.1 liter of peroxide. That is like 40:1 ratio and it is more than enough, it never failed me. I never add more peroxide during process as it is pointless - it only dissolve gold in solution. Peroxide is used only to start process and if it look that process stopped use fish tank aerator or cover bucket tight and shake well (I do not recommend this as it has its own set of challenges). Aerator cost less than 10$.

I figured I would post an update. From 1000 Rj45 ends I ended up with 129.5 grams of plated connectors. I have another 1k to go through so it will be another week or so till I have another update. I will post updates as I go through this process at least for the numerical values if anyone else searches this forum on rj45 ends. I am going to stick with the chemical method for now. I only have but so much room and time, so I might as well use what I have then move on to other methods. I downloaded that book and is a great read. Thanks all.

-Rick
Looks like no update after all.

After 8 or 9 years there is possibly not going to be a update.
You are replying to old post so I am sure that you are using the search bar but check the date of the last post in the thread you are reading before you reply 😉

Back