Foil removal/collection cell

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That first link kurt posted, about the corning pyroceram. The first picture is NOT actually pyroceram.

It looks like an anchor knockoff, if its a "corning" it is from the years when they started doing the "stoneware" and put out a "new formula" of "pyroceram" but, it cannot hold up to being put on the stovetop still.

Corning pyroceram has a gorgeous white color thats unmistakable (unless of course you get the beige pyroceram)

The pyrex dish featured in that thread will suffer a terrible fate if subjected to uneven heating by flame or a burner.
Pyroceram is a far different beast than pyrex.

aga - it has everything to do with safety. Yours and ALL the readers of your post
that will SEE THE PICTURES and think that it's OK to do what you were doing
by using thin walled plastic containers to hold reactions with nitric acid.

I believe that was the reason for the vociferous (and rightly so) response
from the moderators and those who recognize the "potential" danger. I personally
look forward to the day you will post your first gold button. We will all congratulate
you!! I, however. would not want to read of you getting your first button after
experiencing an accident or self inflicted heath issue by cavalier usage of chemicals
that can so easily cause harm.

Hang in there and stay safe mate! :)

glorycloud said:
aga - it has everything to do with safety. Yours and ALL the readers of your post
that will SEE THE PICTURES and think that it's OK to do what you were doing
by using thin walled plastic containers to hold reactions with nitric acid.

I believe that was the reason for the vociferous (and rightly so) response
from the moderators and those who recognize the "potential" danger. I personally
look forward to the day you will post your first gold button. We will all congratulate
you!! I, however. would not want to read of you getting your first button after
experiencing an accident or self inflicted heath issue by cavalier usage of chemicals
that can so easily cause harm.

Hang in there and stay safe mate! :)

Correct :!:

Until i've completed the recover/refine/melt process i'll not post anything else.

Adrian

I know I came down on you rather harsh - but that was "only" because you tend to "press a point" even after being told (in a friendly manner) to chill out --- in "no way" was I telling you to stop posting - I was simply informing you that you need to "check" your attitude & because you seem to "not take heed" to our lighter approach - it seemed hash words were in order --- they were NOT meant as a personal attack :wink:

SAFETY is our "Number One" concern on this forum - when we see someone (especially a new member) posting something that is mis-information &/or that pose's a potential danger &/or hazard it is our "responsibility" to address it & put an end to it --- in other words - when we address a matter for its concern of safety - its not open for debate &/or argument because its not just a discussion between you & us (us being the experienced members) but rather it is a discussion being viewed by "many" others - many of who are also new members

In short - we would not be doing our job if we allowed matters that concern the safety of members to be argued :!:

So by all means - keep posting - just keep in mind you are still more of a student then a teacher & that as a student there is wisdom in paying heed to & showing respect for your teachers --- its the path to becoming a "respected" teacher yourself - & I believe you have that potential - you just need to chill out a bit :wink:

Apologies for any offences caused.

Apology excepted --- now take a "new" step forward & we will be looking forward to the first melted button of pure gold you produce 8) :D

Kurt

Don't get me wrong - i'm not offended or feeling sorry for myself at all, and i really do appreciate your words and warnings.

Just it will be better if i stop posting (especially when drunk) about stuff i have not even finished doing yet.

Tomorrow i'm off to India for a week, so if today's frantic efforts to get to button #1 fail, it'll be at least a week before i can try again.

salman1122 said:
where is my post?
Which post? I deleted one in another thread three days ago when you double posted.

Maybe you forgot to press submit.

Göran

salman1122 said:
where is my post?

All your posts can always be found here;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?author_id=53288&sr=posts

That link is from your profile page, where it says "Search user’s posts".

It also shows your latest double post.

jimdoc said:
salman1122 said:
where is my post?

All your posts can always be found here;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?author_id=53288&sr=posts

That link is from your profile page, where it says "Search user’s posts".

It also shows your latest double post.
Thanks for pointing that out, Jimdoc. Salman1122, I have deleted the post above as it was a double post. The other one is still where you posted it. Again, don't double post! It just creates extra job for us and spreads the answers in several places.

Göran

Back