GOLD cap processor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahmadbayoumi

Hello dears,

Any one came across such kind of GOLD cap processes ?

Any idea about the GOLD yield out of such ones ?

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 9.59.56 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 9.59.48 PM.jpeg

Hello Geo .. thanks for your reply :)

I know that you are an expert in this filed but is based on your real hands-on experience processing this kind of stuff or is it just based on your exceptions ?

This is because I'm offered a 30K of this processor and I need to make a profit out of them.

If you're being offered 30k of these then don't take anyones' hearsay evidence on it. Get a mixed sample assayed professionally and then make a financial decision.

Geo may well be 100% correct but remember manufacture date, batch run, and factory are just three of the variables that come into play with "identical" ceramic processors.

Personally I think they could be higher than 0.1g per processor but don't take my word for it any more than Geo's. Get it done professionally.

Jon

Edit for correction.

assaying is not possible in my case.

I have processed 10s of Kgs of gold cap processor but not really this one.

I got only one as a sample and it's weight is almost 11gs.

So I though any one might came across such type and can give me an estimate which I will build on it and take the risk with 10-20% less yield.

You really shouldn't be making a guess, then deducting 15-20% and making a business decision based upon that. Then again it's your call not mine.

If they have 30k of these why dont you buy a kilo at a sample price, refine them and base your buying price on your results.

You would be safer working on the fact that there are approx 84 to the Kg, and working it around the other way.

I've seen these type of gold cap chips range from 5g per Kg through to 9g per Kg and beyond in some rare cases. I have not processed this type so I am only giving you data based on what I've done and not as a recommendation.

At 5g per Kg that's roughly 0.05952g per chip and at 9g per Kg that's 0.1071g per chip. It's your call.

I agree with Jon. 0.1g per is just a rough estimate. By the piece, a variation of =/- 0.05g per would be a huge difference on 30K parts. It would be best to pay for a professional assay. If you just send a batch to a "good" or "great" refiner, keep in mind that all refiners will achieve different outcomes due to variations in equipment used, chemicals used, process used and even atmospheric pressure can change results.

Many thanks for your help.

I'm not trying to guess anything here .. I'm just trying to figure out the possible yield out of these kind of processors because I can't do an assay as it should be .. the seller did't agree to take 10gs as a sample.

That's why, I asked about the hands-on experience in processing these kind of stuff.

Thanks,

My advice for what it is worth is to check to see what buyers are paying for this cpu, most don’t process but simply move on to the refiner so they must be looking to make a profit.
In other words if your seller wants more than they are offering decline the deal.

Latest posts

Back