Gold Eeproms and Gold Pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkbassin

Hello everybody I have a few questions. Ive got some nice gold eeproms and i would like to know what would be the best way to recover the gold. Then ive got 4 or 5 lb's of pins would deplating them in sulfuric acid and a battery charger be the best way to process them ?

I can guarantee that if you use the search button you will find answers.
Not only to your questions you just asked, but maybe even your next questions.

Jim

jimdoc said:
I can guarantee that if you use the search button you will find answers.

JimI can guarantee that if you use the search button you will find answers.

Jim
I second that.Who's gonna third it?

WELL IVE USED IT AND NO ANSWER WORTH A ------IT FROM ANY OF YOU. THATS ABOUT ALL I GET FROM HERE SEARCH THE FORUM WHATEVER. I ASKED A QUESTION YOU DONT WANT TO ANSWER IT DONT POST A REPLY.

It is actually your problem.

You just spam forum with things and questions which are simply to answer by yourself if you put any effort in searching. To say that there is nothing here about eproms and pins is just a joke.

If you dont know how to search properly do this: Read whole forum, take notes, subscribe to and bookmark threads of your biggest interest.
Patience is virtue. http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9413

Dont forget you are guest here. You asked and got answer. You have right to as, you may get answer. If you dont like that dont yell. If somebody tell you that you can find that here do what is suggested - read, I dont think you are 5 years old and needed to be brought to table by hand and then feed by silver spoon.

Wow. I have been searching the same topic. I have found loads of info. Look harder. Or not.....

rkbassin said:
WELL IVE USED IT AND NO ANSWER WORTH A ------IT FROM ANY OF YOU. THATS ABOUT ALL I GET FROM HERE SEARCH THE FORUM WHATEVER. I ASKED A QUESTION YOU DONT WANT TO ANSWER IT DONT POST A REPLY.

And I can almost guarantee that after this you dont get any answer in future. I dont like when somebody think that I am supposed to do all work for somebody else. You just proved one thing - you can type. Nothing more, nothing less.

rkbassin said:
WHAT IS YALL'S PROBLEM ?

Our problem is the fact that the forum is tired of people coming on here and asking the same questions over and over and over and over and people like yourself not wanting to do the work to find the information and wanting to be spoon fed the answers. You should have figured out how to do searches by now to find the information that is on the forum. I have been on here almost 2 years now and have asked very few questions. If I want to know something I do searches on the information that I am looking for and if I don't find what I am looking for then I ask the question in the open forum or ask in a PM to someone who can answer the question. You need to put in the effort and show you are trying to make head way in your processes to be taken serious here.

This is a reply I sent to rkbassin in reply to an email from him. I am posting it just to make sure I am not steering him wrong.

Many do have value as scrap for gold. It is the question of which are good and which are not so good for yields. Generally speaking the older the better.

Many guys on the forum have been dealing with this stuff for 30 or 40 years so they know the good ones from the not so good ones.

There is no easy answer. The pro's would take a representative sample of the lot, incinerate it, digest in Nitric and then analyse the gold content from there and decide if they are worth processing.

The hobbyist may just break open one or two of each type and look for the gold and sort based on visual inspection.

All eproms that have gold legs obviously have gold content. However this does not mean that all eproms that DO NOT have gold legs do not have gold wires inside. You must break open and check.

Once you have decided which have gold and you want to process, I gather the method is to incinerate and then ball mill and sieve then leach. In gold processing the word incinerate has a very specific meaning so you must search it and see if you are capable of doing the process safely and without violating environmental laws.

Once leached you proceed with refining with the method of your choice.

Hope this helps, Mike.

How many of these eproms do you have? Just curious.

Look i already know how to process them. I was looking for some feedback on whats the best way not how to but thanks anyways.

Thanks Glondor you gave me a place to start. Ive got about 100, but do you know anything about the art work thats in them or if these are that type.

rkbassin said:
Im looking for some opinions not the process.
Listen, pal----I've seen more than enough of you and your attitude. Get it fixed, and do it immediately. I will not tolerate your smart mouth one more time.

Harold

edit: corrected typo

Thanks, Barren

Harold_V said:
rkbassin said:
Im looking for some opinions not the process.
Listen, pal----I've seen more than enough of you and your attitude. Get if fixed, and do it immediately. I will not tolerate your smart mouth one more time.

Harold

Harold you might want to fix this in red and then remove my post.

Thanks, Barren. I corrected my error. No need to remove your (useful) post----I am not exempt from the need for being precise, and I appreciate your keeping watch.

Harold

HAROLD, NO YOU LISTEN PAL NOBODY HAD A ATTITUDE TILL YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH. SO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO PAL. ITS EASY TO TALK SMACK ON A COMPUTER. SO GO AHEAD AND RUN YOUR MOUTH BUD.

Latest posts

Back