Gold filled and inquarted karat gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shark

I am getting ready to start a new batch of gold filled and I have just a few grams of 10K gold as well. If I inquart the 10K in the right proportions is it safe to run it in with the gold filled?

I am using nitric. I should have mentioned that first, it is the reason for the curiosity.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be safe. I still like doing separate batches for accountability. If I don't get what I'm expecting, at least I know which material it was instead of having to guess at whether it was the karat or the filled. You could inquart the karat, leach it with excess nitric, then use the remaining nitric on the filled.

Dave

I knew there was something I was forgetting, the accountability of the karat gold. While not a real concern (all the materials are mine) it is still good to know, for sure, it gets done right. I will do the karat gold first, then use any excess nitric to do the gold filled.

Thanks Dave

Latest posts

Back