Gold filled eyeglasses, Reverse Electroplate?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theoretically it could, since nature works in stages, taking firstly the more active element and leaving the less active, only optimization of voltage shall be needed

One idea that might work is to melt with more copper and run it in a copper cell if you are not in a hurry for a result, if I remember correctly someone used a permeable membrane and ran them that way but the details are very hazy.

It works, but in the case of eyeglasses, you have to have a lot of them before it's really worthwhile.

Honestly, copper cell is the best way to do gold filled, period. Once you melt it, the light elements that usually make filtration a pain end up in the slag, and you end up with something closer to the makings of a karat scrap as your slimes. Actually less than karat, but if you smelt the slimes direct (with iron to convert the sulfides), you'll be able to then just digest in nitric and get nearly pure gold.

I've done it this way a couple times, anymore though, I think I'll just save it and sell it as is. My quantity is large enough that I will get a payout that far exceeds the difference, once I take my processing costs in to consideration.

Latest posts

Back