• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

gold pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orry

would anyone be interested in buying some telcom gold plated pins and others small gold plated items?

what would be a good price for recovered pins and also for the boards I have quite a bit to much to handle by myself so I thought i would give an oppertunity to you guys but since I am new to this I do not know a fair price what would you be willing to pay

soory guys that pm'd me and responded I have been extremely busy with work I will try to send out picture and get back to all of your questions on monday thanks sorry for the delay

I am considering selling some pins

I have about 7 lbs of new, never used bare pins
http://mega.whsites.net/photos/gold/f1.JPG

These are all 10 plus years old telco pins and I am thinking of selling these on ebay. I am not looking to start a bidding war here just some ideas of value? I believe selling them by the ounce of a few ounces at a time will net me the most $$. Any ideas or input is welcome. you could post here or on my original posting about this subject.

Newbie Looking for LOCAL help Refining fingers
under "help needed"

thanks,
MEGA

I kind of want to buy some. I've never really done much with electronics scrap, could be fun!

I'd be interested in buying a half pound or so, just to see what's in it.

Mega,

Those types of pins typically yield 1 to 1.5 grams maximum of 24kt Au per pound.

Steve

Steve,

do you have a guess as to recovery from fingers ?
http://mega.whsites.net/photos/gold/a.JPG

or any of the other items I have?
see posting "Newbie Looking for LOCAL help Refining fingers" underr the help needed topic.

Does anyone else have thoughts on recover rates for my items?

Mega,

I have yield data on many of the types of scrap that you have posted photos of.

The problem is that each type of scrap is different in little ways (plating thickness, full or partial plating, trash in with the scrap, double side vs. single sided, etc.) so the variables all have to be considered when making a purchase and yield estimate.

The fingers you have appear to be double side and fully fingered (all the connections are filled with no missing sections), but they also appear to be on thicker and wider boards than usual as compared to standard pc card material. These fingers would fall into a group that I call mid-high grade and would yield between 1.5 to 2.5 grams of 24 kt Au per pound ballpark.

If they were trimmed better and on narrow thinner card stock they would easily qualify as high grade (2.5 to 3 grams Au per pound) finger scrap. If they were from older (25+ years) equipment they may reach the ultra-high grade at 3+ grams per pound.

It's important to realize that by trimming the excess board material the bulk weight will decrease and the yield per pound will increase proportionally. Always remember GIGO; Garbage in = Garbage out.

Steve

Mega,

They are definitely the mid-high grade variety as is, if they are plated on both sides of the board.

Trimming the excess board material very closely would most likely increase them to high grade assuming the board thickness is normal pc card thickness (which it appears to be ).

As an experiment you should process a pound of the fingers as is to get an idea of the yield for the scrap. AP is easy enough to use and has been covered on my website http://www.goldrecovery.us in detail.

I'm interested in buying several pounds of them if the price is right.

Steve

Likewise.

If I buy a few pounds of it, we'll do a poll and the forum members here can decide how I'll process it. Something like:

Acid peroxide method
Cyanide method
HCl/chlorine
Aqua regia

then we'll do it with how to precipitate the gold:

oxalic acid
SMB
SO2
etc.

im new to this forum . i am instered in buying circuit boards with the gold fingers . im looking for large ammounts . any body got any ? if the price is right :D

Back