Gold silver mix after AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperpod

IMG_3522.jpeg
So it looks like some silver had dropped with the gold after AR process, any suggestions to rid this of the silver if it’s silver, this was a fair clean batch of very old pins and some and a little cpus stuff , was expecting decent drop , just washed it a couple times in distilled h20 for the moment

Thanks

Everyone should donate to the forums fund for new server !

Attachments

• IMG_3521.jpeg
    IMG_3521.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3521.jpeg
    IMG_3521.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Why would you expect silver?

Silver is sparingly soluble in chloride solutions, and then only if the solution is highly concentrated and hot. That's why we dilute and chill AR before we filter, then drop our gold. Both chilling and diluting reduce the solubility of silver in the solution, so it precipitates as AgCl. We filter it out before we drop the gold.

Your first washes should be with HCl.

I don't know if you followed those steps.

Keep studying. You'll get there.

Dave

View attachment 59384
So it looks like some silver had dropped with the gold after AR process, any suggestions to rid this of the silver if it’s silver, this was a fair clean batch of very old pins and some and a little cpus stuff , was expecting decent drop , just washed it a couple times in distilled h20 for the moment

Thanks

First and foremost, do you dissolve whole pins in AR?
If so how clean are they?

We need more detail if you want us to help you.

In my end there is no server issues, but at times the connections are dropped somewhere en route.

Edit to add question mark

Last edited:
View attachment 59384

Thanks

No bro that's not silver that's just only because of excess urea or smb (sodium meta bi sulfite) I have faced that already one time. Heat it and slightly add HCl white precipitate will gets away then dilute it filter your dust.

No bro that's not silver that's just only because of excess urea or smb (sodium meta bi sulfite) I have faced that already one time. Heat it and slightly add HCl white precipitate will gets away then dilute it filter your dust.
So how can you deduce it is SMB if have even told us he has been using SMB?
You need to dial back a notch, and let the OP come back with additional information first!

So how can you deduce it is SMB if have even told us he has been using SMB?
You need to dial back a notch, and let the OP come back with additional information first!
M just giving my opinion coz just same happend with me once and culprit was smb. And exactly same precipitate I got.

Latest posts

Back