Gold suspended in AR, please help.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nauticamark

Hello all,
Strange first occurrence, but upon doing my usual SMB metal drop, the brown powder seems to be suspended in the AR. Almost like a beaker of chocolate milk. Has been about 45 minutes now, and I have never dealt with this before. Any suggestions or ideas would be of great help to get this material to settle.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Gold in AR.JPG
    Gold in AR.JPG
    747.3 KB
Second Jon's reply.

If it wasn't crystal clear before precipitation, sometimes it takes awhile to agglomerate and settle. I see some little bits floating on top, probably from oils the oils on your skin. A squirt bottle of water can help that.

A little heat and agitation can help it settle quicker, if you can't wait overnight. But, it's really best to let it settle down and siphon off the barren solution.

Topher and Jon, very huge thank you for the help. I will wait overnight as advised. Thank you both again!
Mark

Dave, I will do just that. Everything settled overnight as I was told in previous feedback. I have not had a moment today to work with the material. I certainly will try your suggestion, and always appreciate the help!
Mark

Latest posts

Back