gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodshanz

holle i have soem gold plated kohler faucets with about 4 to 7 pd of gold plating whats the best way to get it off i live in maine

I'd be surprised if it was worth it. You could strip them in a cell but the amount of gold stripped would be a little speck, impossible to work with unless you had hundreds of faucets. They're probably worth more as is or for scrap. If you're interested in gold recovery, you might need some higher yield material.

Rag and Bone said:
I'd be surprised if it was worth it. You could strip them in a cell but the amount of gold stripped would be a little speck, impossible to work with unless you had hundreds of faucets. They're probably worth more as is or for scrap. If you're interested in gold recovery, you might need some higher yield material.

You may be wrong in your assessment. Considering faucets are intended to be used, they may well be plated heavier than you might imagine. GSP may have some input in that regard. He has a lot more experience in that department than I do.

Stripping in a sulfuric cell is the way to go. When you're finished, you'll have the brass castings to sell as scrap. Processing them by any means but stripping would be foolish.

Harold

I have no experience with faucets. I would guess that a coating of lacquer or other clearcoat has been applied over the gold. I doubt if the gold is very thick.

What does 4 to 7 pd mean?

the gold on my faucet from kohler is a lot i have if kohler the makes are right about 7 puond of gold was used to plate all the things i have . im just tring to finde away to get it off the faucets do not sell for the price i need to get for them

How many thousand faucets do you have?

Are they solid gold or are they plated?! I know one can buy 18K faucets for your house (hedonists!) but I don't think Kohler makes them!

What basis do you have to think you have 6-7 lbs of gold on these faucets? Do you even know the surface area of plate?

Back