Hardware and Acid Suggestions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiakath

So I may have missed it but couldnt really find an answer for what brand of beakers I should look for. If anyone can point me in the right direction if it has been posted before, or you wouldnt mind posting brands here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Lastly, for the acids, is there a general amount you keep on hand of hydrochloric, nitric, and sulfuric acids? Especially if you are inquarting.

If I am posting this in the wrong threads, I do apologize.

So I may have missed it but couldnt really find an answer for what brand of beakers I should look for. If anyone can point me in the right direction if it has been posted before, or you wouldnt mind posting brands here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Lastly, for the acids, is there a general amount you keep on hand of hydrochloric, nitric, and sulfuric acids? Especially if you are inquarting.

We do not look for brands but for types of glass.
BoroSilicate 3.3 is the go to glass type theses days.
But any BoroSilicate will do.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:

Have you started to study what I gave you?

I have. Thats why I mentioned I may have missed it. Ill take a look again
So you are getting in control with safety and waste management now?

Regarding acids one stock up to what one are expected to use short term.
No answer is correct or wrong, it all depends on your processes.

So you are getting in control with safety and waste management now?

Regarding acids one stock up to what one are expected to use short term.
No answer is correct or wrong, it all depends on your processes.
Gloves and eye protection already in hand and rated for acids. Looking for an apron now. As for waste management, yes and also have a facility about 10 minutes away that can cover.

Sounds good about the acids. Thanks!

Gloves and eye protection already in hand and rated for acids. Looking for an apron now. As for waste management, yes and also have a facility about 10 minutes away that can cover.

Sounds good about the acids. Thanks!
So you have studied the Waste management and Safety sections, then the next will be Hokes book.
And leave the chemicals alone until you have studied please.

Back