Has Anyone Seen This YouTube video?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than most gold refining videos on youtube. It is obvious that he is doing this for the first time and in the end of the video he adds some good advice from a patreon.

I just skipped through the video so I don't know if he mentioned that using copper instead of silver for inquarting adds a lot of time and uses a lot more nitric acid. Except for that I think he caught most of his errors and what to do instead in his comments.

Göran

I've seen Nile Red a few times. Excellent explanations of the chemistry, as I recall. My favorite, though, is Sreetips. Excellent practical application approach and he isn't afraid to let you see when he makes an occasional mistake as well as how he deals with it. He just finished a 6 part series on how he recovered the precious metals from his stock pot. I highly recommend watching it.

Yes he is a good chemist, this gold recovery video is like his first time but he nails it. Has a video on waste management as well…he shows reactions, explains oxidation, reduction, and other broad concepts. The only problem is that he’s like a mark Rober now and maybe puts out a video every two months. He has one where he extracts elemental iodine from the hospital povidone iodine, awesome

I truly enjoyed the video! It was both informative and captivating. The process is always fascinating to watch :) I wanted to insert a sequence I rlly liked but wasn’t sure how to screen record on windows 10 with audio, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly enjoyed the video! It was both informative and captivating. The process is always fascinating to watch :) I wanted to insert a sequence I rlly liked but wasn’t sure how to screen record on windows 10 with audio, lol.
If you need that software to screen record you need to study more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the video and he did do a nice job as an instructional video. One thing is the amount of gold in the rolex. Usually it is 18 karat. If this was the case, I hope he returned the watch because if he didn't, he was definitely compensated well for his efforts.

Latest posts

Back