Haste

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmk88

Dear all,

I quite often get messaged by people that obviously pick up on my posts and I suspect, do not receive the answers they seek from those I refer to as Jedi’s. So they message someone like me. I am by no means experienced or even close to where I eventually want to be.

I myself have been there.

I have learned not to bother the Jedis anymore, not through frustration, not through anger, not through anything negative. Out of respect. For me and them.

I have learnt to understand that they are Jedis for a reason; they have studied, practised and respected what they are working with.

They have prioritised safety of themselves, others and their natural environment over material gain. They have gone through ups and downs, self doubt, obstacles, challenges, spent money, given time. All to perfect a skill. A craft.

There is nothing more insulting to these people, than someone clearly prioritising greed and gain over a craft they, and myself, almost consider an art. They are wise enough to identify haste and someone who is a potential risk to themselves and others. Particularly when they have gone to great efforts and continue to do so, to post vital information and assistance to people and share their wisdom. As I say, I have been that person. It makes me cringe.

That’s why they are them, and you are you. They will not help you until you show some respect for yourself, others and more importantly the processes that have taken centuries to carry out safely and properly. I have learned this and in turn, have learnt to stop asking someone who has gone through all the above to wipe my mess up. It’s disrespectful and I have realised this. There is a difference between seeking advice and seeking for someone to get you out of a hole you jumped in, despite being told not to.

I advise all beginners to take the same approach. I have realised, haste is a refiners biggest enemy which basically translated to yourself. That would be fine if it didn’t also put others in harms way and destroy natural environments.

Ohh the waste of my youth, all of the gold that slipped out of reach because of my Haste, what rich ground did I pass by in my lack of experience, how deep the holes dug in waste chasing gold in my Haste, Ohh the waste, gold fever, and my Haste.

The penny has really dropped for me....

Haste is the enemy.

Not only does it create loss of material... but I can see how it can lead someone down a path of unsafe practice.

The latter of which is my priority always.

In light of my recent revelation, I thank you all even more for your words and wisdom; that’s what lead me here.

I try not to bother the "jedi's" to much myself. And likewise it is out of respect. Sometimes things just get in a jam and a question for help is needed to get back on the right track. Getting started off there is just to much information on the forum to need much help getting the basic's down before jumping in.

"Haste makes waste" and "trash in = trash out".

Take the time to avoid both and the gold will show it's self to you.

I imagine it’s what causes 95% of people to leave refining as a good idea once they’ve given it a crack.

I think as long as safety and understanding is prioritised over gain and greed, you should never go wrong.

Yes you may not get instant answers but ultimately, you start doing something that you don’t understand properly it’s always going to end in tears.

And I guess my point is you have two approaches; the first is the Jedi approach. You study, understand, hit a hurdle, stop, and study again. In this instance, I don’t think questions will be negatively received.

The second approach, do and hope for the best, is always going to lead to issues without understanding first in place. People will help you if they can see you’re helping yourself. They’ll explain where the water Well is, how to get there, any hazards on the journey to be mindful of and even how to drink.

They can not make that journey and drink the water for you.

Latest posts

Back