Hello from south Georgia

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name: Sam Dillon

Sex: Male

Profession: Nude Male Dancing LoL JK (trust me you don't wanna see that)...Information Technology keeps the family fed.

Hobbies: Computer Gaming (for many years I was an Everquest addict) Numismatics, Electronic Soft Tip Darts, and now Gold Recovery

How long have you been refining gold? : As of today roughly, never...probably won't for another year or more. I do NOT intend on killing myself, or anyone around me! I have been trying to educate myself for three months or more now and have basically decided I am going to learn and stockpile scrap for the next 9 months or more. After that I will begin collecting chemicals, Equipment, fume hood, securing everything dangerous far far away from living creatures, etc. Maybe I will be ready to recover and refine a batch this time next year.

What are you looking for in our community? : Education! As I said earlier I have spent the last 3 months hammering the search engines looking for information. It felt kinda like winning the lottery when I found this forum. Many many of the searches turned up people whose only advise was, "Don't do it your gonna kill somebody"

How did you discover our Forum? : youtube.com

Other: Well, lets see, I am a father to three children (17, 6 & 3), married for the second try, a Cub Scout Leader, captain of a dart team, armature and failing stock day trader (in my defense even the pros are failing right now), golfer, and I recently won 8 olympic gold medals for swimming. LoL JK about the gold medals, I can barely tread water. But I do have a brother named Michael, does that count?

Well it is my pleasure to meet you all! I am quite literally amazed at the level of skill and open sharing of information here!

Sam

Welcome to the forum Sam.
As Harold says, be sure to read the downloads of Hoke's books.
There is plenty enough info here to get you going.

Mark

I have already read her book. Once I got registered here, the first post I read (from Steve I think) had a link to it. My next click had my complete attention for about 4 hours while I read it from cover to cover!

Speaking of Steve, AWSOME web site man! I love your vids!

Sam

Back