Hello My name is Steven

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linden940

I all so go by the nick name of Linden *there are a lot of people who have the same name as I do so its good to have a back up name in those times*

Just would like to take some time to post about me so ya'll can get to know me alittle as I do plan on staying here for a good long time.

As noted my name is Steven and I am 20 years old (I'll be 21 in August) I was home schooled since 5th grade, never did well in school but when I started home schooling I did very well. I love to learn and do new things and that has giving my life a lot of good points and I hardly have a boring time in my life as of yet..I all ways have something to do or try or wanting to try.

Some of the things I have done (by no means have mastered) are,

When I was home schooled I had a lot of free time and a computer *that hardly worked* so it started out small of...simple trying to keep the computer working and found out that I have a deep enjoyment of computers and since around 15 I have learned a lot about computers and have worked on computers both in my own free time and being on the "clock" as a job but did not enjoy having to sit behind a desk all day at a computer so did not stay doing that, but I have learned a lot of things in computers from programming, web master, program tester (for the Operating Systems called Ubuntu) and I have all so started to upload videos onto youtube.com of Ubuntu.

I have all so started to work with forge/knife making and that's kinda where the gold part came in...something else I can do with my forge *I do find it very fun if anyone asks me*

I am a Pipe-fitter helper, I have worked on one power plant in south Tx and another power plant in Glen rose Tx *it is a Nuclear power plant and I do hold a government clearance for the time that I had worked out there.)

I all so am real big on shooting and have some good training in that as well (this is like my sport) from a level three as a security officer and I have a job interview for a county jailer.

Some things that I would like to do that I am either planing or thinking about.

I am thinking about joining the Air Force and become a fighter pilot or really...any kind of pilot..and if I don't do that I am all so looking going to night school so I can learn how to fly (something about being able to fly like a bird to me would be clean as hell)

An...I think that is all for now and hope to hear what some things about all of you of what you have done or would like to do.

*p.s....I SUCK at spelling....my spell checker is pretty good lol*

Linden, you will find this forum another one of your adventures, welcome, I will be the first to ask about the forge. I also have dabbled in blacksmithing.

You got me on the pipe fitting and the guns. What do you shoot? And I guess you do your own reloading? Nuclear plants not for me you can have them. 8) Welcome to the forum.

linden940 said:
Ubuntu.

*p.s....I SUCK at spelling....my spell checker is pretty good lol*

You got my undivided attention, anyone who uses Ubuntu with a spell check is A-OK, wish more forum members would follow your example especially on the Spell checker. if the word underlined is not in my dictionary I google it for the correct spelling then add it to my dictionary.

Welcome to the forum.

Best Regards
Gill

A lot of replys here lol.

The forge well....first one I made was out of a gas tank and few small parts...the new one I am working on now is a waste oil burner that could get little hotter than 3,000...my first one was able to get as hot as 2,500 and I used pure wood (not coal or anything) I have a video on it on my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/linden940

Ok a pipe fitter is pretty much a plumer who knows how to work on pipes from 1/4inch to 40 ID feet pipe *thats the biggest I worked on)

Shooting...I have used all kinds of guns but I think your asking me on what DO I own and that is a Mosin Nagant rifles they made to types...the one the avg person used in the army and then the sniper one...I own the sniper short stock one that was used to fight in city and towns...there is no import stamp on the gun so from my understanding is a US officer HAD to be the one to bring it in as during war world two they did not have to go into customs where the people below them had to...the gun was all so marked to been put in war in 1946.....I all so some what own a few hand guns and a shotgun that I am working on making custom but nothing fancy...The Mosin Nagant has to be my fav one that I own so far

Ubuntu is a great system to use and is better than any windows system if anyone asked me...video can be seen of this system on my youtube page that i had posted at the start of this post.

linden940 said:
Ok a pipe fitter is pretty much a plumer who knows how to work on pipes from 1/4inch to 40 ID feet pipe *thats the biggest I worked on)

Shooting...I have used all kinds of guns but I think your asking me on what DO I own and that is a Mosin Nagant rifles they made to types...the one the avg person used in the army and then the sniper one...I own the sniper short stock one that was used to fight in city and towns...there is no import stamp on the gun so from my understanding is a US officer HAD to be the one to bring it in as during war world two they did not have to go into customs where the people below them had to...the gun was all so marked to been put in war in 1946.....I all so some what own a few hand guns and a shotgun that I am working on making custom but nothing fancy...The Mosin Nagant has to be my fav one that I own so far

So they say about a pipe fitter, but Not to offend anyone I don't consider a pipefitter as a plumber. 8) Too many different aspects of the diffrent types of work. I'm taking it that the 40 is 40" or is it 40'? You still have my vote hello tho. :lol:

Mosin Nagant I'm not to familiar with I guess you are using a .308 caliber round? Best I can do you is a .338 Winchester Magnum with 240gr boat tail. That'll reach out and touch something. Got a couple of pistols from WWII my dad bought back with him.

Again welcome.

40 feet wide lol...and I know plumber is NOT a pipe fitter....most people dont know what a pipe fitter is...so yea

A Mosin Nagant is not a .308.....a Mosin Nagant shoots the 7.62x54R

Back