Hello , need help 200 mesh or less gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drtys56

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i hope someone can advise me,, here goes>>> tried to smelt/melt fine 200 mesh powder with borax ,furnace and bone clay crucible, failed miserably and ended up with all the gold suspended in the hardened borax , proceeded to boil/melt the borax , Sulfuric acid and H2O , the outcome is all the fine/super fine gold in suspension, i have tried to filter it through coffee filter, but need double filters or the gold goes though a single layer , any suggestions? Thanks much.

Charmin plug. I have never worked with mine or ore products though.

I like to use fiberglass insulation and plug the small hole in a regular funnel. It may take a few times to get it packed where your gold is trapped. If your going to re smelt it don't use fiberglass. You can also use cotton balls, which burn easier but are trickier to get packed just right. I use AR and place the fiberglass and all in it and rinse the fiberglass well, it can be reused several times.

For future knowledge you could have just taken that gold infused borax and melted it as is when you got the proper set up.

Latest posts

Back