Hello!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingD693

My name is Mark, KingD, I am 27. I am Actually excited to be sharing this ok.
So since I was teenager I’ve wanted to get into gold panning has a hobby, i never got far into it when I was younger, I had no male role model at home to help dive into stuff like that with. A couple years passed and I still really wanted to get into hunting for gold. Well as I started doing my best to self educate myself with going panning. I kept running into the same problem of not having a source to answer what I thought should be basic knowledge. I have googled for days trying to find out where to purchase a gold claim. To this day I still have no Idea. But that is okay along the way I ran into the refining process (Sreetips is a WIZARD OG) And it hit me that I’ve never truly considered refining for myself. As I have dove deeper and deeper into the process I just get this gut feeling my intuition tells me That I have found what I am meant to do.
Some people go their entire lives and never have this feeling. I was raised in Montana, I am currently in WA. I don’t know ANYBODY here. I really do keep to myself, scrapping is a thing over here, I gave a neighbor some help last year and I ended up with a bunch of circuit boards for free my thinking is I have to start somewhere, I want to get my own experience before I start spending money on jewelry to process,
My very first thing is safety, I have nitric acid, muriatic acid, lye for the solder masks, I wont be touching any of the acids until I have a fume hood, proper mask, an apron, emergency Eye wash portable shower acid neutralizer‘s I just I want to make sure that I begin doing this and I’m professional about it 100% of the way.
Im from small town usa. Google charlo MT. Youll find directions for the “Charlo Mall” and it takes you to the dump yard. No joke. Over in these bigger more populated places and ive definitely been stereotyped and people will act as if im on drugs. Why because I have circuit boards? little kids loose teeth I don’t expect every little kid to be like a crackhead or something. Honestly peoples opinion of me (a stranger), I don’t really care, I was raised with morals. I treat people how i would like to be treated, Ill be respectful while I am here I am really excited to be here, to learn to help teach. The way I see it, we are all in this together, right?
Sorry for the long intro, but thats how I got here. Nice to meet you.

My name is Mark, KingD, I am 27. I am Actually excited to be sharing this ok.
So since I was teenager I’ve wanted to get into gold panning has a hobby, i never got far into it when I was younger, I had no male role model at home to help dive into stuff like that with. A couple years passed and I still really wanted to get into hunting for gold. Well as I started doing my best to self educate myself with going panning. I kept running into the same problem of not having a source to answer what I thought should be basic knowledge. I have googled for days trying to find out where to purchase a gold claim. To this day I still have no Idea. But that is okay along the way I ran into the refining process (Sreetips is a WIZARD OG) And it hit me that I’ve never truly considered refining for myself. As I have dove deeper and deeper into the process I just get this gut feeling my intuition tells me That I have found what I am meant to do.
Some people go their entire lives and never have this feeling. I was raised in Montana, I am currently in WA. I don’t know ANYBODY here. I really do keep to myself, scrapping is a thing over here, I gave a neighbor some help last year and I ended up with a bunch of circuit boards for free my thinking is I have to start somewhere, I want to get my own experience before I start spending money on jewelry to process,
My very first thing is safety, I have nitric acid, muriatic acid, lye for the solder masks, I wont be touching any of the acids until I have a fume hood, proper mask, an apron, emergency Eye wash portable shower acid neutralizer‘s I just I want to make sure that I begin doing this and I’m professional about it 100% of the way.
Im from small town usa. Google charlo MT. Youll find directions for the “Charlo Mall” and it takes you to the dump yard. No joke. Over in these bigger more populated places and ive definitely been stereotyped and people will act as if im on drugs. Why because I have circuit boards? little kids loose teeth I don’t expect every little kid to be like a crackhead or something. Honestly peoples opinion of me (a stranger), I don’t really care, I was raised with morals. I treat people how i would like to be treated, Ill be respectful while I am here I am really excited to be here, to learn to help teach. The way I see it, we are all in this together, right?
Sorry for the long intro, but thats how I got here. Nice to meet you.
Welcome to us, nice to meet you too!

As this is an international forum and some members rely on translations, we will be pleased if members drop the use of text lingo.

Good to hear you are taking safety seriously.
This place is probably the best place to learn about most things related to recovery and refining of precious metals.
Mask is fine as an emergency solution, but drop it for ordinary use, the filters are expensive and have limited time of use.
Keep it close and handy, but get a proper fume hood set up.

We have some study material for you right here, links provided until you become self propelled through this wast maze of information ;)

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Latest posts

Back