[Help]Titration complexon rare earth - EDTA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acmilan1899

Hello everybody. My name is Jue, come from HaNoi University of Science and Technology.I am having a problem. I hope that everybody can help me.I am determining the concentration of Neodymium in the solution by EDTA complexation with pH 4.5 with the indicator xylenol orange (XO). However, my titration value is not accurate and is always greater than the actual value. I think because in my solution has the content of cobalt, it affects. Hope everyone helps me to choose the titration method to get the most accurate results. Thank you so much.

acmilan1899 said:
Hello everybody. My name is Jue, come from HaNoi University of Science and Technology.I am having a problem. I hope that everybody can help me.I am determining the concentration of Neodymium in the solution by EDTA complexation with pH 4.5 with the indicator xylenol orange (XO). However, my titration value is not accurate and is always greater than the actual value. I think because in my solution has the content of cobalt, it affects. Hope everyone helps me to choose the titration method to get the most accurate results. Thank you so much.
Hello Jue, this is mainly a forum for refining precious metals and very few of us have any experience with rare earth elements. But the knowledge of some of our members are quite astonishing and I wouldn't be surprised if you actually got an answer.

As a coincidence I was just washing a couple of kilos of cerium - lanthanum ore looking for interesting minerals. Most of it is just cerite and allanite but there are a few pieces with really rare minerals. :D

Göran

"always greater than the actual value" please explain. How you know? how greater? what variance

Latest posts

Back