Help with black sand recovery/ Sodium Thiosulfate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpop

Hello

I try to leach the gold from blacksand from gold panning.

I used Iodized Salt bleach and HCL (http://www.goldmineworld.net/leachinggold.html)
then I used Zinc screws to precipitated the gold

I got black powered on the screws which maybe gold, but I made lots of chlorine gas.

Would Sodium Thiosulfate leach be safer faster and eazier

Lots of myths running around about that stuff. I have fooled with it some. the outer coating of black needs to be broken down, chemically or physically to get at the gold which is usually seen under my microscope as little pieces of gold splashed on a tiny piece of quartz.
I have been told both ways. yes and no on weather there is or isnt gold in the magnetic pieces. Still dont really know. Type in Gold from black sand and you will find lots of articles on getting it. I was also told, black sand and Iron is always found around gold, but gold is not always found around black sand.
Heating up the sand in hot acetic acid (vinigar), HCl, crushing, Panning is useless unless well crushed. The pieces of gold I found under magnification splashed on the little pieces of rock, under the black, dont make the piece heavy enough to pan. Too much rock too little gold. Some guys tumble it in with a few bigger rocks of quartz to a powder. Then the gold will be exposed to what ever process you like. And you havent played with anything more than rocks and water. A few beads of oily sweat (per C.M. Hoke ) and when you open up the tumbler some fine gold will be floating on top of the water. If in fact there is any.

Latest posts

Back