Help with circuit boards that are completly plated

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Greetings, Ive been a lurker for awhile here reading all the posts and watching lazers videos on his site. Im really impressed with the amount of knowledge available here. I havent attempted any processing yet but i've been gathering chemicals and knowledge and plan to soon. I will try a small batch of fingers first and move from that stage based upon my success or failure.

But anyway, my question. I have about 30 of the boards displayed in the images below and they are actually completely plated on both sides. The back side has a green mask over the traces but i've scraped down and can see the gold under it and I also further scrapped it down to see the copper trace underneath that. My question is what is the best process for this type board. If i remove the components with a chisel would it be possible to disolve that copper under that large an area in AP? Or should I try a cell for something like this? These are very nice boards so i don't want to mess them up.

Thanks for all the help I've already gotten here :)

[IMG:150:128]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1053/img2581vg4.th.jpg[/img]

[IMG:150:128]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4937/img2583br3.th.jpg[/img]

I strip the gold off both sides and use the AP method there after. I suppose you could dip the entire board after say burning the soilder mask off the back side. I am concerned about the soilder though. I as I said strip both sides keeping them seperate and the holed w/solider in a container and those without soilder in andother container. But thats me and I am sure my way is somewhat slow. I do not however miss any metal upon completion of the stripping process. I have processed some in the cell process which works fine or the AP process which works just as well, your choice.

Good luck :lol:
Ray

Latest posts

Back