Help with solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaneray

Hey guys..I'm new to this gold recovery thing but I am very very interested in it..I admire you guys on your knowledge..I don't have much I regret saying..but I am determined to learn this...I'm envious of you all...anyway...I have solutions that I have probably ruined because of lack of knowledge and patience....I've mixed several things trying to fix..solutions tested positive for gold with gold test solution I got in a starter kit..now they don't..I've put urea..precipitant from kit.stumpout but still no gold precipitating...I've saved all solutions and combined...can you somehow salvage the gold in them..there is a lot of wasted gold or lost gold..I should have started small but I probably have a pound of fingers/pins worth of gold somewhere in solution land..after a laugh can u guys help me.!?

Unless you've thrown away any of your solutions or undissolved material, your gold is still there. If there is still material undissolved, your gold is probably there.

Stannous chloride testing solution goes bad after a while, so there could still be gold in your solution even though the testing solution no longer shows it.

Most people now use sulfamic acid instead of urea to deNOx their solutions. It is better to only use as much nitric as necessary so you don't have any excess.

Download the book in my signature line and study it. Pay particular attention to what she teaches about using a "stock pot". It is where we recover the last values from a solution.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

Back