holle

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodshanz

now that im over the first trie, sorry for rambering on last time.
ok im doing a cell i let it drop out of the cell just blak slug i wash with hcl
then put in new hcl and added clorox it turn bright yellowe. i drop with smb and wash the browne sand with hcl boiling it then wash with water.
i took it to a jewler freind het put it in his plate to heat it up with borax. but all it did was clump up. i just took the clups and wash with hcl then put it in new hcl and addid clorox it looks good.
but my new one has a new greenis tint how do i get rid of the green tint, thanks for the help i will get it some time

I'm no expert but it sounds like the gold was very impure when you tried to melt it. I would redissolve the gold, precipitate and thoroughly clean the powder using Harolds cleaning process. The powder from a sulfuric cell isn't very pure. It needs more than just a soak in HCl if you want good quality. Once you get it super clean it will melt like butter! :D

Try using different method. I understand you can encounter the lack of chemicals (other way you would wash everything with the nitric and get rid of the remaining copper), but the best way to do is to dissolve everything that dissolves with nitric and then wash the remaining part and throw it to aqua regia.
Btw. I know it is not very polite of asking such questions but what is the mass of the nugget? Maybe you should try to refine more with the cell and only then (to save your chemicals) use AR method.

Latest posts

Back