How can i remove gold from soil?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behnam2070

Hi friends
I found a soil that contained tiny particles of gold and scales like gold How can I remove these particles from the soil?
These particles are fine and flaky

You need a pan, fill it with your dirt rock and sand, in a tub of water you pan for your gold, put say three lead pellets in with your sand and rock, filling the pan with water we shake the pan to make everything float around in the water, and the heavier rock go to bottom, then we tilt the pan over the tub of water, shaking it sideways a couple of times to get the heavies to go to the bottom corner of our pan, then we dump off about have of the top layer of sand and gravel from the pan removing the top half of lighter materials, we fill the pan again with water and repeat until all you have are the three pieces of lead and any rock or material heavier than lead left in your pan..,

Or cut a corrugated plastic pipe in two lengthwise, mount it to a board or something to strengthen it, this can be used a sluice box to run water through the trough along with your sand and gravel the gold is trapped in the lower riffles while the lighter rock and sand pass through with the water, you can make a sluice box out of wood and carpet or many different styles or materials...

Is it gold or mica and pyrite fools gold.

If it floats out of the pan with the lighter sand or rocks, or you can see it in the dirt, it is probably not gold.

If it shatters under the hammer it is not gold.
if it flattens under a hammer it is likely to be gold

If when scratched on the bottom of an unglazed porcelien coffee cup and leaves a black streak it is not gold,

Latest posts

Back