How do I process i486 and Pentium Pros in a cell?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline27

Evening Gents,

I have access to an electrolytic cell, time off for christmas and a pile of (Intel 486's and pentium pros), it's a clone of the cell from Steve's video. I have never personally used this machine. I am looking for some tips on how to process these chips. I have the basics down, I'm looking for specific advice on how to best process these particular chips. I have about 5 pounds of each type and the copper mesh.

Thank you all for sharing your time and knowledge! I hope everyone gets a container full of Soviet satellites and mainframes for christmas.

Hello

I'm no expert , but I don't think a Cell is the way to go with Cpu chips.

although I'm sure they could be done in more than one way.

I have been saving mine to run through (AR) when I build up enough to make it worth the time, I will crush them and do the whole batch that way.

I'm sure one of the experts can add to the best ways to do them and correct me if i am wrong.

I have been advised Cell use is best for plated items.

Good lusk with your project

Jim

Hi , I think youre better off trying an Acid peroxide soak, that's how it did mine it works well, but if it's cold it takes a while try to keep it between 20 to 30 grad C the fumes are nowhere as bad as Ar and are gone pretty quickly.

After you crush the masses you have,
you need to fire them, later press them
into an electrode, with all parts conductive.
To be continued...

Back