HOW MUCH TIME TO PUT AQUA REGIA WITH DESOLVED GOLD?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naandesh

DEAR FRIENDS,
I M NEW AT TISH PLATFORM,
I WANT TO KNOW MY GOLD SOLUTION(AQUA REGIA WITH DISSOLVED GOLD), CAN I PUT IT 7 TO 10 DAYS? ITS EFFECTS ON GOLD RECOVERY? I SUPPOSE ALL NITRIC ACID EVAPORATE ITSELF SO AFTER 7 TO 10 DAYS I NEED TO USE UREA OR NOT?

/

Welcome to the forum naandesh.
More details would help provide better answers such as what have you dissolved, how much and what volumes and ratios of acids.
Just leaving your aqua regia will not remove the nitric and depending on the information we need from above will help give you answers.

thanks for reply,
I was first cleaning e-west specially only gold leaf, other trash removed by nitric acid and sulfuric acid bath, prepare aqua regia on 1:3 ratio of HNO3+HCl then put my e west in glass container. within 1 to 2 hours all gold are dissolved in AR. then filter twice with filter paper,AR solution are become dark golden yellow( 900ml). all chemical use are lab grade quality. then i was prepare 3 batch of 50 ml each. one are process with urea and SMB, second with steam bath with OXALIC ACID, and left are use with steam bath adding drop by drop H2SO4, then add SMB, result are bellow
1- dark gray reduce stalling at bottom
2- white crystal form at bottom
3- very tiny black particle set at bottom
then i confused what is wrong with this process.. and I can't find reason.

Aqua regia is useful as a solution to refine gold.
It is not a good method to recover gold from trash (electronic scrap).

You should learn first how to mechanically separate the gold from the other trash (organics and troublesome base metals), and then leach or further concentrate the gold by leaching other base metals from the gold, basically concentrating the gold and getting it as pure as possible before it goes to the Aqua regia process...

At this point you really do not need to use aqua regia, it is hard for a beginner to master, the gold can then be refined using HCl and bleach to dissolve the gold, the chlorine gas is easier to get rid of and is less problematic than the nitric or nitrate in solution to remove before trying to precipitate the gold from solution...

dear members,
thanks for discuss my issue regarding AR problem, its my observation, when we participating gold particle from AR solution. particle size depending on retargents, and developed color change of AR solution if its red particle size 10NM, dark blood red color indicate size of 15 NM brown color indicate 20NM and darker then brown or between black and brown its say 25NM. if I was wrong please suggest and correct it...
thanks with regards,

The gold precipitant particle size will depend more on how easily the newly reduced gold atoms can come into contact with each other to form clumps of gold atoms heavy enough to sink to the bottom as they overcome the resistance of the solution to gravity.

precipitated gold is normally tan to brownish if precipitated from a solution loaded with base metals the gold is usually dark brown to black.

The color of the solution should be fairly clear after precipitating gold from a fairly pure gold chloride solution, when base metals like copper and some other metals are involved they can leave some color to the solution after precipitation.

If tin is involved the gold can form colloids which can give the colors you mention to the solution...

Even if you had only pure gold in solution it is hard to use up all of the nitric, adding more gold will help to consume the remaining nitric but it would take many many days to consume all of the nitric this way, Strong heat can speed the process to a matter of hours.

If base metals are involved they can form nitrate salts in solution, here even if you consume all of the free nitric acids, later additions of HCl in the process will reform nitric acid in solution from the nitrates created.
We can see this when we evaporate the solution down to a very concentrated solution in an attempt to deNOx the solution, upon adding a little HCl to rewet for the next evaporation cycle we see a red cloud form from nitrate salts concentrated in solution.

nickvc said:
Welcome to the forum naandesh.
More details would help provide better answers such as what have you dissolved, how much and what volumes and ratios of acids.
Just leaving your aqua regia will not remove the nitric and depending on the information we need from above will help give you answers.

Latest posts

Back