How remove nickle from cooper

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muhammad Shahzad

Hi avery one
I m trying to removing nickle from cooper material.i removed nickle electrolyticly but it is very time spent and very slow. If any one have any chemicals process to remove nickle fast please describe.

Thanks

Hi avery one
I m trying to removing nickle from cooper material.i removed nickle electrolyticly but it is very time spent and very slow. If any one have any chemicals process to remove nickle fast please describe.

Thanks
If you manage to keep air from entering the HCl the HCl will take the Nickel and not the Copper.
But it depends of the form of Copper how complete it will be.
If it is a high Ni alloy it might work and maybe in sponge form.
It might not be economical though.

If you manage to keep air from entering the HCl the HCl will take the Nickel and not the Copper.
But it depends of the form of Copper how complete it will be.
If it is a high Ni alloy it might work and maybe in sponge form.
It might not be economical though.
I have nickle polished or plated on cu.
It is not alloy

I have tons of nickle polished cu material. My purpose is remove nickle very quickly very fast I want cleaning cu on commercial level
If you have any process tell me
Thanks
As I say, HCl will remove it, but to assure that the HCl don't attack the Copper it should be done with an inert atmosphere,
so Oxygen are not allowed into the HCl.
I do not say this is the most effective method but it can be used.

Sulfuric will do it under the right conditions. The stronger the acid the less the reaction to copper. Keep moisture out of it even though sulfuric will attract moisture from the air.

Hot, strong sulfuric will attack both nickel and copper, so hopefully we can stop at the right time to stay with the copper

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back