how to prepare and use acid peroxide method ...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naandesh

dear friends,
I hope all of members are safe and be healthy in current movement of COVID 19.
now we are in complete lockdown situation so my chemical dealer cant supply HNO3. I have stock of 30Lt H2O2 50% and HCl. so how can I prepare and process ACID PEROXIDE method?

stay safe stay healthy....
Thanks with regards,

Be extremely careful using that high of a percentage H2O2. I used 30% for years, and it's extremely dangerous. If you diluted that 10 to 1, it would still be almost twice as strong as what you buy in Walmart.

Johnny5 said:
Be extremely careful using that high of a percentage H2O2. I used 30% for years, and it's extremely dangerous. If you diluted that 10 to 1, it would still be almost twice as strong as what you buy in Walmart.

yes 50% are very strong but its for my heritage conservation project I can down it 3,6, 0r 12% but i don't know which is more suitable?

You only need a tiny amount of H2O2 to start your acid peroxide. I usually recommend whatever amount of HCl you will need plus a capful of 3% H2O2. With your 50% H2O2, you can probably use just a few drops.

Dave

Do you want to dissolve your gold ? If the answer is yes then your peroxide will be fine but be careful with it’s use as it is a strong oxidizer at that strength, if you are looking to recover gold from e scrap then no it’s far too strong and needs diluting or using as Dave said in very small amounts.

I don't want to dissolve gold. my goal is remove base metals as possible as, then refine with AR. (when my supplier ready to give HNO3).

AP will work to remove many base metals but if it is a large volume of base metals it will take a lot of time, it is better suited to removing foils from circuit boards, and for that purpose you need very very little peroxide to start the reaction or better still an aquarium pump to pump oxygen through your Hcl, if you use too much peroxide it will initially dissolve some gold but it wil, cement out if you have plenty of base metals left to dissolve.

Latest posts

Back