How to process aluminum ducting in fume hood

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autumnwillow

Well, I was a total newbie back then so I used aluminum, it now has holes and no longer usable.
I'll be replacing it with polypropylene ducting this time. It lasted about 3 years. I use a vacuum scrubbing for all my reactions so what attacked the aluminum is probably the acid fumes that got away (eg while filling the reaction flask).

Now, I wonder are there any values here?
If I process it, I assume that I would just dissolve it in hcl, wash the solids then process in AR.
Or should I just throw this away?

I think its about 3-4kgs.

Hmm its weird though, from what I know this is an aluminum ducting, upon dismantling it, its plastic with some metal support around it.

There were a lot of accumulated dusts inside. I assume this could be gold or silver since this same duct is also connected to my melting area.

If it is plastic lined simply wash the ducting with a rinse bottle and collect the liquid and any solids, place the solution in a beaker and heat to evaporate the excess water and add Hcl followed by very small additions of nitric watching for any reaction, if none cool filter and precipitate.

I've been getting this 404 error sometimes when visiting this website not sure why. Oh well, we ended up incinerating and just removing the steel support. It went okay.

Can you tell us more about when you get the 404 error code? Are you trying to access a site outside the forum (like lazersteve's site), or are you trying to access a link inside the forum? We can try to figure it out, but we need specific examples that we can repeat.

Dave

In my cellphone when I visit the site I get a 403 error, in a PC I think I have solved it, as it was a bookmarked link.

Latest posts

Back