How to refine gold from circuit boards ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie8

Hello I’m interested in Aqua Regis to refine gold. I have unlimited supply of electrical circuit boards, I know you need 70% nitric acid and 32% hydrochloric acid to make Aqua Regis and Urea, distilled water. Can you please help me and tell me how to do the process as I can’t find the info anywhere how to do it.
Kind Regards
Jamie8

jamie8, you can refine gold (only)with aqua regia, but not the other metals in solution, you will need to eliminate them first.

First you must recover the gold from the electronics, mechanical means and then leach away base metals.

There is a lot to this, it will take a lot of studying to learn, no one here can tell you all of the details in just a few posts.

Read the forum for few months, download Hokes book and study, go to laser steves web site.

Or just forget it and sell the boards

Thanks for your reply, I have separated the boards so I’m only trying to refine the gold plated connectors, can give me the domain name of laser Steve’s website ?
Kind Regards
Jamie8

Hoke's book can be found in book section, it will teach about aqua regia, testing solutions for values, teach you how different metals react in acids, and many other things you will need to learn.
Electronics Hoke will not give details the forum and Laser Steve’s web site will be your guide with them, find a post by Laser Steve, he has links to his web site under each post.

Hi thanks alot i have downloaded the book and found his website thanks alot

Kind Regards
Jamie8

Latest posts

Back