Is this auction site legit?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUJack

Does anyone have any history with this website? http://www.seizedacuuisitions.com/index.html I registered in order to have a look at the bidding going on. I know that I am new to the buying end, and it seemed odd to me that people would pay $80.00 US for a 1 gram bar of fine gold. Or is this just rich folks buying up everything in wait for the price to keep going up?

AUJack said:
Does anyone have any history with this website? http://www.seizedacuuisitions.com/index.html I registered in order to have a look at the bidding going on. I know that I am new to the buying end, and it seemed odd to me that people would pay $80.00 US for a 1 gram bar of fine gold. Or is this just rich folks buying up everything in wait for the price to keep going up?
I doubt seriousally it is government run. It looks like they just put up a few things to make it look legit. Ever get junk mail that looked like the government wanted to talk to you?

I did a godaddy search, the website is registered thru Domains by proxy, a lot of websites do this so you can't find out the name and address of the owner.

Very odd that $45 worth of gold sells for $80
some rich folks are rich because they know the value of things they buy
could these be fake buys to make you want to buy also?
I am not going to register to take a peek.

IIRC they are contracted by the USG to auction of seized goods.

Using anonymous WHOIS for their domain doesn't help their legitimacy though.

Sounds a bit shady to me...
Use "U.S.+Property+Acquisition+Services" on http://www.google.com/ and you will find some interesting results.

Göran

... and if this is a shady site then I suggest that we remove any links to it before googlebot sees it and gives the site a boost in the rankings. We don't want to add any spam ourselves do we?

Göran

it seemed odd to me that people would pay $80.00 US for a 1 gram bar of fine gold.

There are people that do really stupid things. About a month ago I went to an auction that had many bullion items. The spot price for silver was at 19.99 an ounce and gold was around $1250.

I was amazed to see people pay anywhere between $120 and $180 for 1 ounce silver bars and coins. The bidding would start at $50. The same story for gold. I saw Krugerrands go for well over $1600.

Needless to say, I walked out barehanded. I never even bid on anything as the starting bids were all way over spot.

I took my 8 and 12 year old kids with me. They had a good time listening to the auctioneer and seeing the auctioneer aides goad people into bidding higher and higher. It was a good learning experience for them.

Understand, a lot of auctions are not real auctions as they have shills bidding things up. Happens all the time. Don't be the last guy with your hand up.

Dan

Latest posts

Back